Saturday, June 30, 2012

tenure mf 2010

Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Employment appeals tribunal has not yet ruled

My case began in 2002. Since then precedents have been set at the High Court (Fanning versus UCC 2005, Cahill versus DCU 2007) and at the Supreme court (Fanning versus UCC 2008, Cahill versus DCU 2009).My case was won at the Labor court in 2002at the general level of principle,followed by a landmark rights commissioner decision in my individual favor in January 2003.

The Employment appeals tribunal (EAT), to whom my case was submitted in July, 2002, has not yet issued a ruling. It is important to note that their failure to do so involves them effectively acting for DCU. Not only that; the January 2003 verdict requires that I get all back-pay, and is currently the law of the land. I have gotten zero back pay, and have had to sell my house and emigrate. The EAT is expected to rule within 4 months of the case being submitted to them, not 8+ years.

The EAT has allowed several deferrals of my case, violating their own procedures each time; they also illegally prohibited a High Court action that I had initiated against DCU from happening. Employment law in Ireland is already on the side of the employer to a degree which is undoubtedly illegal in the EU context; however the EAT is not even complying with Irish law.

I have instructed my legal team to go to the High Court immediately the legal year starts to seek a remedy

Seán Ó Nualláin Ph.D 19u Mean Fomhair 2010
0 comment