Thursday, July 24, 2014

DCU's Prondzynski went into Leinster House to offer a bribe

 Over the next few weeks I will publish excerpts from letters I sent to the Irish authorities over the past few months Given the level of media spin against academic freedom in Ireland  up to Prondzynski's departure, and the very odd coverage of mine, Cahill's and Fanning's cases, which required several apologies from the Irish Times, we need to look further

 It does rather look as though Ronnie Ryan of the dept of Ed and others were expecting a massive payday from privatization. Here is one letter I sent;

"In January 2003 Rights commissioner Gerry Fleming ruled that I be reinstated with full backpay

Of course, DCU had a right to appeal - though the ECHR may see things differently, particularly the use of taxpayers' money ensuring disparity of representation

In any case, Ferdinand von Prondzynski decided, ar eagle na heagla, to head off the situation. He (unsolicited) visited my local TD, John Gormley, in Leinster House in Feb/March 2003. In that meeting, he offered to pay my salary until I got a new job if I dropped my appeal. Gormley put the deal to me and I refused. These were many moral issues.....

I believe that's called bribery. I have had no contact with Gormley since 2006,"